”Thank You” for taking part in our new Recycling Program. Your efforts extend the life of the landfill, save energy in making new products & save natural resources. At our Drop-Off sites we will be recycling
Everyone wants to recycle properly & we do have some rules we all must follow to make this Recycling Program work for all who participate.
1. All items should be rinsed WELL to reduce odor, contamination & attraction to vermin & bees.
2. Flatten the items to save space, if possible remove labels & do not break glass. Remove the rings & caps, these items contaminate the recyclables.
3. Bring your items in containers you can reuse. It is more convenient for you to have your recyclables already separated & ready to put in the appropriate section. NO plastic bags are to be put in the recycling container.
4. CLOSE ALL DOORS WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED, WET NEWSPAPER IS LOST AS RECYCLABLE!
5. ABSOLUTELY NO GARBAGE DUMPING!
6. PLEASE DO NOT LET CHILDREN PLAY ON OR AROUND THE CONTAINERS, THEY COULD GET HURT!
The ONLY PLASTICS that should be placed in the recycling container are: #1 & #2 (check the bottom for the correct number inside the recycling symbol) plastic bottles with a neck narrower than the base, clean & without lids or rings. THE EXCEPTION IS MOTOR OIL CONTAINERS! These CANNOT be recycled!
Even tho these containers are marked #1 & #2 they are not recyclable at this time!
Motor oil containers, margarine tubs, yogurt containers etc. Also, UNACCEPTABLE PLASTICS are laundry baskets, children’s toys, swimming pools, tarps, 5 gal. buckets, plastic coat hangers, styrofoam containers or plastic bags.
Soda, juice, beer, wine, liquor & food containers. Any plastic labeling should be removed.
Ceramics, mirrors, heatproof ovenware, microwave trays, drinking glasses, dinnerware, crystal, window glass, windshields, light bulbs, etc.
DO'S & DON'TS